THIS CATEGORY NO LONGER EXISTS AFTER BREXIT.
You can apply for an extension or indefinite leave to remain in the Turkish Businessperson visa category if you are a Turkish national and meet the following eligibility requirements set out below.
Please note only children under 21 (‘child dependants’) can apply for entry clearance to join you in the UK on this visa.
Eligibility requirements for extension
You can apply for extension under this category to:
- Continue running your business in the UK, and start another one:
- continue to help run an established business in the UK;
To be eligible to apply for an extension of your Turkish Businessperson visa you need to:
1) Have a valid Turkish Businessperson visa
2) Show you have not broken any immigration laws
3) Keep running a viable business
4) Keep being able to pay your share of the costs of running the business
5) Show that your share of the profits continue to be enough to support you and your family without your needing to have another job
If you are part of an existing partnership or company you’ll need to show that you still have an active part in running the business.
You can apply to extend your visa for up to 3 years. You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility requirements of indefinite leave to remain
To be eligible to settle in the UK, you must have:
1) Met the knowledge of language requirement
2) Passed the Life in the UK test
3) Registered with the police if you were told to
4) Been living and working in the UK for the last 5 years without receiving public funds
5) Spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 months in the last 5 years
You must continue to run a business if you’re on a Turkish Businessperson visa.